2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure if its a fault as everything feels normal but noticed my car whines between 2k-3k revs but only in second gear. It sounds like a supercharger whine...is this normal?

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Mine does this until warmed up

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Likewise. A lot of people notice this, nothing to worry about :)

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :) Took my car to Honda today and asked a mechanic to pop in and apparently couldn't hear 'anything'... even though its such a distinct sound that only happens in second gear...

ah well, at least its nothing to worry about. I quite like the sound to be honest so I am not bothered if its nothing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
2,286 Posts
TDI South checked mine out last year for this same 'supercharger' whine noise and found that it comes from the airbox. They think it was caused by a harmonics effect that eminates from inside the resonator chamber when under load (vtec 2nd/3rd gear i found it to happen) but nothing to worry about. I personally think all CTR's make the noise it's just down to the owners tuning into/noticing it or not.

·
Registered
249 Posts
TDI South checked mine out last year for this same 'supercharger' whine noise and found that it comes from the airbox. They think it was caused by a harmonics effect that eminates from inside the resonator chamber when under load (vtec 2nd/3rd gear i found it to happen) but nothing to worry about. I personally think all CTR's make the noise it's just down to the owners tuning into/noticing it or not.
Funny you should mention that as I haven't heard this noise since I install the Tegiwa intake kit.

Case Closed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts