2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all,
Ive just been playing around on comparison sites to see what it'd cost me for my renewal to change from an ES to an EX.
Doing a base quote for my ES, came in at over £900, when my renewal in Dec was only £800!?

Changing the quote to an EX changes it to £1200, and then adding on an extra 1 year no claims (for when i renew) only drops it to £1000.

Whats going on?

Anyone else finding this?

Thanks.

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
The fact it's a new car to you will see the biggest jump as they see ot as more at risk for every year I have a car it drops by 200 quid plus the ex I believe is a higher insurance group due to the extra goodies in it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fact it's a new car to you will see the biggest jump as they see ot as more at risk for every year I have a car it drops by 200 quid plus the ex I believe is a higher insurance group due to the extra goodies in it
Its not a new car, car i have and car im replacing with are both 06 Civics...

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
So how can the £100 rise from keeping the same car ive had for 3 years be explained?
More claims on the car in total, more burglaries and thefts in your area or maybe as simple as a rise in all premiums due to claims especially "whiplash" claims

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More claims on the car in total, more burglaries and thefts in your area or maybe as simple as a rise in all premiums due to claims especially "whiplash" claims
Never claimed.
Brand new post code (within the last 2 years)
Third one is most plausable.

Still very annoying as its making motoring more and more expensive to do. :(

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Never claimed.
Brand new post code (within the last 2 years)
Third one is most plausable.

Still very annoying as its making motoring more and more expensive to do. :(
Not you claiming other people claiming in the same style car for example a vauxhalls corsa is more expensive to insure than a fiat panda due to te people that drive corsas meaning more claims.

Post code depends on this years crime figures

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still annoying.
Just about affordable, but with petrol/diesel being high too, long gone are the days where i can just go for a drive for the sake of driving. :(

I want to know why people haven't campaigned against the fuel rises the last few years like they have in the past.
144-152p per litre is outrageous!

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
I drive as part of my contract at work and they mentioned they were lowering mileage from 40p to 35p meaning I'd lose out on hundreds when all prices are increasing I told my boss I'd leave it they lowered our the prices are insane!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The thing that's most annoying is that the breakdown of fuel costs, has 70-80p of the cost as government tax!
So we get taxed on pay, taxed on road usage AND get most of the price of fuel taxed too. Not to mention the rising costs of insurance!

Its a shame really, as reasons like this prevent good decent people from 'just having a drive for the fun of it'.
All because of A) some right wallys driving up premiums for others & B) Cameron & co' getting greedy.

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
I drive as part of my contract at work and they mentioned they were lowering mileage from 40p to 35p meaning I'd lose out on hundreds when all prices are increasing I told my boss I'd leave it they lowered our the prices are insane!
Claim the rest (you can claim 45p for the first 10,000 miles, then 25p after that for every mile) via a p87 tax for working expenses form (I have as currently an IT contractor).

I was paid 34p per mile by my last umbrella, and am claiming back the 11p difference for every mile travelled, when april 5th comes round.

:)

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Claim the rest (you can claim 45p for the first 10,000 miles, then 25p after that for every mile) via a p87 tax for working expenses form (I have as currently an IT contractor).

I was paid 34p per mile by my last umbrella, and am claiming back the 11p difference for every mile travelled, when april 5th comes round.

:)
How do I document it?Like proof of mileage etcc?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Switch from an ES to EX end of last year and my renewal is over £250 more.

As much as I hate the high fuel prices the recent rises cannot be blamed on tax as the last one was vat over a year ago. The recent rises are just greed by the oil companies. when the duty goes up again in august they'll put there bit on it no doubt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts