2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....or are they all this bad?
Bought my Nov 06 56 reg (07 MY) EX in November from a car supermarket, full dealer history, one owner (who I spoke to and had looked after the car really well and had already traded it in at that supermarket by then so was unbiased), 37k. Purchased a full Honda extended warranty from the dealer that had serviced it from new (luckily not too far from me).
I love the car but now wondering......first I had the external temp gauge start over reading. Now in stock ready to be fixed. Then EPS light starts coming on and losing power steering. Took it in, they said they fixed it, started coming on again day after. Booked it in next week to investigate again (despite wiki and service bulletin they won't order in an EPS control unit, grrrr!). Then I start getting a 'cracking' sound when moving off or braking hard, especially when cold, coming from front subframe somewhere (bump stops have already been done). Added that to the list for next week. Then today.......going up motorway slip road in 4th, foot down, at 1900rpm revs rise up to 2400 and drop back....yes clutch slipping at 42k miles and juddering as well.
I really do hope the Honda extended warranty covers all this, I'm really hoping the clutch is a faulty part and not worn (would be surprised).
Just losing trust in the car now, not the best of starts to Honda ownership - I know all these issues are in the wiki but didn't think I'd get loads of them together!!
Fingers crossed and hope I can get a loan car while all this is done.
Andy

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Seems unlucky to me although there does seem to be a trend of more problems being with the 2.2 with the clutch slipping issue happening with alarming frequency.

·
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
3,295 Posts
Its a terrible feeling isnt it. I hope you get the outcome you are after.

Not all the 2.2's clutch's are bad, just the ones that slip!!!!

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Sounds a bit unlucky :( I hope you can get all of your problems fixed with the warranty. I am sure you will be able to get a loan car, but it might be a Jazz, that what I had :rolleyes:

·
Registered
329 Posts
Andy i know the feeling my car is on 07 plate and has similar problems - your not unlucky, as most of the 2.2's are faulty. My car is already on sale and will be a VERY long time before i purchase another one. Your lucky you got extended warranty, soon you will be known by your first name at your dealers, trust me! My advise get rid soon after warranty finishes, until then have fun!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Not at all. :popcorn2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts