2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps would be great if anyone could advise before I take it to the garage tomorrow.

Was driving this morning about 8am spirited around a few round abouts and quiet industrial roads for about 10 Mins. Got up to 5th gear speed and when I planted my foot for about 2 secs the rev counter went max and I had no power. I was in gear no crunching or anything, straight after this the interior smelt like the builders were out laying new road. I had no smoke or anything but stopped the car. I tried to drive again after around 5 mins and it seemed like the clutch was slipping in all gears counter goes up but very slow acceleration. I drove for about 15 mins keeping revs down until I was nearly home and then the car gave up a few streets away and I was actually de-accelerating or idling at 20Mph any power and revs go up no movement no matter what gear I was in and the smell came back. I parked up safely straight away and it’s been there all day.

Was reading before I posted and some people have said the car adjusted itself after a day or two left alone? My car has covered 43k miles never had this before in the 3yrs of ownership.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So just went back to the car and it wont budge once in gear and dont want to rev the nuts off it. :(

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea pumped it about 20 times nothing. I am parked in a permit holders area two streets away from where my permits valid - hopefully it aint towed in the morning will leave a note on the window but knowing Haringey Council ill at least have a ticket. Garage dont open till 8am - permit area starts at 5am arrrrhhh lovely.

Thanks Bud

·
Oldboy-racer
908 Posts
If you have a full Honda service history they may do it under warranty as it is a known issue, but it is their discretion depending on what they find when they open it up.
Sorry just noticed you have a CTR, not sure if they have a clutch issue, the diesels are notorious for it.
Don't worry about the ticket if you can prove it is broken down you can always contest it. I've done that in some circumstances and got it cancelled.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So garage took the car last night but someone has knifed the sidewall on the front OS tyre, I just put a month ago 2 brand new GY Eagles on :(

What next? £340 to replace the clutch with standard exedy one, new tyre and I was actually going to sell the car soon.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the car back today with the new clutch installed, But once the car warmed and I parked up and got out I could smell the burning smell slightly from outside the car? Is this normal? maybe break in on the new one? I took it easy on the revs an lots of gear changes.

Thanks

·
1.8EX Milano Red 2007
910 Posts
If I drive my car hard I get a burning smell, its not the clutch as I have no slippage, I believe mine is the brake pads. Have you checked yours in case one is binding?

Don't judge me. I was born to be awesome not perfect.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its def not my pads smell is coming from underneath the car more on the drivers side when i open the door.

I drove about 40 miles yesterday no vtec and couldn't really smell it. I am hoping its gone and was just a burn in faze.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts