2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive had my Civ for just over 2 years now.The day I test drove it,no faults,different story on the day I picked it up,was making a terrible noise,kept taking it back to Fords (Where I brought it),they said it was all different problems,still making the noise,so I decided to take it to Honda myself,the diagnostic guy came out with me and said it was the driveshaft,luckily it was still under warrenty,so Ford paid for it.5 months after that it started making the same (to me) noise,the diagnostic guy couldnt hear anything,a good while on it has got worse,Ive had 2 mechanic friends listen and they said its either wheel or gearbox bearing,1 jacked it up and said it wasnt a wheel bearing. :( I went to Honda to get a rough idea on price and the guy said its rare to go.
So in short 2 Honda guys said its rare for driveshaft to go and gearbox bearing to go,Ive had both go in just over 2 years,have I brought a dud? :(
Ive got to the point where I feel like selling my baby,I'll be SO upset to see him go.:(:(

·
more torque than the mrs
6,627 Posts
I would call honda uk again and inform of this and also explain to them that there was a issue with drive shafts on 2008 models of the civic. i know this as my old civic had its drive shafts replaced due to faults they were the ones that recalled it.
found this about the drive-shaft issue.dont know if it applies to your year but like the person above mentioned apparently there was an issue.
don't think you have a dud but do think you have been unlucky as i haven't known many gearbox issues other than second gear problem.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Turned out to be wheel bearing,do'h!
With it jacked up you can't always hear it, but when it's on the ground and the load of the car is on it you can hear it. Nearly been caught with this myself, hope you enjoy the car now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts