2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Delivery date for my new EX is end of April.

When I started looking around I checked it our on the "What Car" website, they showed two costs one being what they call the 'target price'.

I called them and they put me in contact with a company, who advised costs, they also talked me through how the transaction would work, basically although treated as a internet sale, I actually collect it from an approved Honda dealer in the south East. They have comfirmed it will be UK registered and that it will carry the full 3 year/90,000 honda warranty.

Having read through the numer of problems people have experienced with their new purchase, I am starting to worry that if I have problems I may not get them fixed so easily, as I will not have a relationship with a local dealer. The place I am collecting the car from is some 90 miles from where I live.

If I was to pull out now I would only loose my initial deposit. Do you think I am right to be a little concerned.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
If it is covered with the three year warranty I wouldn't worry - I don't go to the dealership that sold me my car, so don't worry about having a good customer relationship with the dealer that you choose to go to :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Topcat, thanks for your reply.

Emma.

P.S. Unfortunately my collection date is the 27th April, otherwise I would have been tempted to go along to your meet. I may go along anyway and view from a distance.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Delivery date for my new EX is end of April.

When I started looking around I checked it our on the "What Car" website, they showed two costs one being what they call the 'target price'.

I called them and they put me in contact with a company, who advised costs, they also talked me through how the transaction would work, basically although treated as a internet sale, I actually collect it from an approved Honda dealer in the south East. They have comfirmed it will be UK registered and that it will carry the full 3 year/90,000 honda warranty.

Having read through the numer of problems people have experienced with their new purchase, I am starting to worry that if I have problems I may not get them fixed so easily, as I will not have a relationship with a local dealer. The place I am collecting the car from is some 90 miles from where I live.

If I was to pull out now I would only loose my initial deposit. Do you think I am right to be a little concerned.
Hi my civic is a company car and was supplied by a dealer several hundred miles away. I have been into my local dealer and they are more than happy to do any work under warranty, they have been really helpful with any questions I have chucked at them so I really wouldn't worry.

·
King of the rodeo
4,828 Posts
Dealers get paid good money to do warranty work, Don't be too worried, they will sort any problems you have out for you no bother.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
With luck Emma you wont have any problems
wellcome to the club

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate them it has put my mind at rest.

The main reason I didn't buy it from my local garage is that I found them very patronising, every time I tried to do a deal, they would offer a slightly lower rate on the interest, knowing full well, as I had told them many times that I was not interested in their finance. Reason being I get an extremely good rate from work. They wouldn't listen so I went else where.

If any warranty work is due I would take it to the Honda garage near my work, so their loss

Emma

1 - 8 of 8 Posts