2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have we lost something in the crash, only its telling me I haven't been here since yesterday morning, and thats plainly daft! Also a couple of PM's are missing from yesterday too.

I'm scared................

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yes - but then Pottsy is still waving his magic stick :p

I'm holding back at the moment, waiting.... :wink:

I had a busy posting day yesterday too - about ohhhh 283 posts I reckon :wink: :lol:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
I'm afraid that yesterday morning's backup was the last one before the server died and all was lost.

Still working on it now, but that's the best we can expect, and is a load better than the situation at lunchtime, which was posts from 29/9 and attachments from 21/9.

Been a bad day.

But am so happy to have data from yesterday morning - full story a bit later.

P

·
Registered
273 Posts
you're not alone. The only way to get into the forum is by searching google. They kept giving me the index .. looks like the entire log of something :confused: of course with regards to the forum

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Jazz - think that was just while Pottsy was fixing things - should be ok now? :)

Pottsy - :( , but a HUGE :p (and bigger thank you!) for getting back what you did :applause:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
PS Pottsy - could you just re-instate my extra post count? :p

lets see...

think I was on about 1,035 or so... :wink:

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
What is it with me and hosts? This one:

Has mega trillioflop multi processor servers with a terraglob of RAM and RAID 10 infernodisks, does daily backups (er, to another partition on the same machine) and has 100.0% uptime since April. I come along, and the hardware I'm on terminally lunches itself, managing to destroy everything on all partitions. After some begging and self-prostitution, the owner of the host found a corrupt backup of our site, but managed to pull the database and the attachments. I added the rest (or at least, my ftp is still grinding away) and we have a restored site! My last backup was on the 29th, so I'm quite relieved.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
said it before, but worth repeating - Sir, you are a star! :p

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
No, J is the star for putting up with my mood all day :)
Only today? :wink:

Jayne - you are a star too :D

OMG - I've lost all the "tidying up" I did yesterday, if you know what I mean...
I was "that" close to sending you a PM on that - but didn't want to depress you even more... :(

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I'm just glad you were able to get things going again. Now, does anyone remember if anything valuable or at least interesting was posted yesterday? :) :)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Been suffering from withdrawl symptoms - missed my daily fix.
Glad to see you back up and running (well jogging) - shame about the missing posts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
copycat, we had a funny post yesterday from glass spider ( which i'm sure TT would remember )

EDIT : If i can remember correctly, the most user online was yesterday about 10 something with 60 or so members logged in. Anyone remembered ??

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Thinking positively - the site seems to be running nicely... Nothing like a clean install of the OS.

On that note, time for a coffee. Back later :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
copycat, we had a funny post yesterday from glass spider ( which i'm sure TT would remember )
you flatter me... :oops:

EDIT : If i can remember correctly, the most user online was yesterday about 10 something with 60 or so members logged in. Anyone remembered ??
Aha!
I'll blame you lot for overloading it then!
I was busy watching Cracker with the wife at 10pm... :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Thinking positively - the site seems to be running nicely... Nothing like a clean install of the OS.

On that note, time for a coffee. Back later :)
Coffee?

I'd go grab one of BG's beers if I were you... :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
yo-yo*

* referring to the fact that we just lost it again for 5 mins, not as in "down wid da hood" kinda way

1 - 20 of 41 Posts