Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We all know that if we have problems we tend to be more vocal then if we don't. So I thought a little poll would be good.

I was thinking problem=taking back to the dealer! So sorry Charles no rear wiper is not a problem ;-)

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Mine's been back to the dealers three times:

Dash scratched internally and externally - replaced

Faulty shocks - replaced (thanks to info on this site)

Missing knob(!) from the compartment in the boot where the gunk's kept - replaced though they did try to make me pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven't voted in the poll as not sure which box to tick!

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
only took mine back once, part of the dashboard was missing, they just took same panel of another civic in the forecourt and slapped it on mine, i also complained about paint getting chipped quite badly on the bonnet, paint thickness test came back OK and they just touched up the bonnet with pen and gave the pen to me gratis

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Mine's been back twice since collection in August; four issues have been dealt with in the two visits.

I'm pleased I chose a dealer two blocks away from where I work: drop car in at 8, get day's free parking, collect at 4 :)

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Far too small yet to be relevant, I know. But, my God, seventy per cent with a problem so far? If it goes on growing like this it'll end up like British Leylandii!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Far too small yet to be relevant, I know. But, my God, seventy per cent with a problem so far? If it goes on growing like this it'll end up like British Leylandii!
Topic is bound to attract more people with problems then others.

Havn't taken delivery yet myself so I'll vote later.

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
Topic is bound to attract more people with problems then others.

Havn't taken delivery yet myself so I'll vote later.

I know it is early days with this poll but there have been 25 votes in total out of 1015 members of the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I took mines back bcos of a water leakage from the a/c. when they first had a quick look at it, they estimated it would take about a week to fix since they dont know where the water was coming from....but luckily they found the source and fixed it within the same day i dropped it off....

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Mine has been back for a wonky tailgate causing banging, the flap in the boot was not locking into it's clips, and have had the rear shocks replaced, my spring inverted, and my rear torsion beam replaced.

With those things together, I voted 'major' as I don't believe they are minor problems.
Still love the car to bits and wouldn't change it for the world! Myabe a type-r, on second thoughts......

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
I've included rear suspension, front bumper and HFT as a small problem, its not like the engine fell out... although perhaps the way it felt at the time.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I took mines back bcos of a water leakage from the a/c. when they first had a quick look at it, they estimated it would take about a week to fix since they dont know where the water was coming from....but luckily they found the source and fixed it within the same day i dropped it off....
Umm? Isnt the AC supposed to leak condensation water under the car in hot summer days? Mine did... i didnt take it back to the dealer.. isnt it supposed to do that?

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
I think in Mugen2's case it was water leakage inside the vehicle! Hence the need for diagnosis and repair.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
No need to apologise, TT - you seem a nice chap! Still think it was your comments that made me the winner in RR's caption contest!;) :)
:D I do my best :D

deserve'd winner though :D

touch wood, still in the 'no' camp...

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car's almost a year old and been back to have the Shockers replaced (before they knocked) and a door seal fixed for a rattle the dealer could hear, but my Wife and I couldn't.

Hassle free motoring so far! :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
And if any of you think your Civic's been problematic, how about our recently departed 05 Saab 9-5 Estate?

Faulty Auto box (surging from a standstill with no throttle applied)
Faulty Climate Control (no heat in Winter, not cold enough in Summer)
Faulty Audio
Faulty SID (in car computer)
Assorted Rattles and creaks
Duff wheel bearing
Faulty Remote Central locking
Warped Dashboard trim
Assorted trim falling off
Pulling to the centre of the road
Petrol leak (into the car from the seal on the tank sender unit)
Broken rear seat catches (both)
Tail gate won't close
Broken door stay on the Driver's door
Excessive fuel consumption (maybe not a fault)

All in a car that cost £27500 new and was 8 months old when we bought it. We lost £6500 in 6.5 months to depreciation, the car losing a staggering £16500 in 15 months.

Or how about the '01 Seat Leon 20VT?

3 Coil packs
1 Gearbox
Badly chipped bonnet, roof and rear doors
3 Leaking Door Seals
Leaking rear hatch
Rattle from the Dash
Rattle From Hatch
Rattle From Rear Seat
Interior Trim Falling Off (Various)
Alarm Fault
Faulty Central Locking
Grabbing Brakes
Engine Hesitation From Cold
Faulty CD player
Banging noise from the rear

All in 12K/9 months.

Like the Saab, most faults were still present when the car was sold. The dealer liked to trott out the famous line, "They all do that Sir..."

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
We (+ wife) had 9 new Honda’s in last 25 years.
Japan Civic 81: No probs (only rust problems)
Japan Accord 83: Rattle when new, (engine suspension block)
Japan Accord 88: Brake rattle when new (fixed).
Japan Civic 92: No probs, only trunk lit rattle (no fix possible)
Swindon Accord 94: Car stopped second day! (Fuel relay broken, replaced by Japan made one)
Japan Shuttle 97: No probs, (best car ever made by Honda in my opinion)
Japan HRV 2000: No probs, small rattle fixed my self (still have the car)
Swindon CRV 2003: Engine oil leak when new! (Problem with timing chain cover seal). Sun roof rattle (no fix)
Swindon Civic 2006 (September): No probs so far, dash rattle stopped by it self?? (I hope).

Not counting the rattles (all cars have them)
This makes Japan 0 problems in 6 cars, Swindon 2 problems in 3 cars.

Or a total of 2 problems in 25 years on 9 cars!!! Most cars have this in one year or less.

In my judgment (and I think I am a Honda expert!) The Civic build quality is of the best I have ever seen on a Honda.
The plastic (I have beige int.) is made of the best quality I have seen with Honda. Rubber feeling on top of door trim, Rubber dashboard (except radio). I installed rear camera my self so I had to remove about all the panels (inside and outside) and they are made of high quality plastic! Nice hq. fabric on the seats. Car is about perfect.

Good work Honda. I do pray every day that I do not get rattle or squeaks.

·
Banned
477 Posts
9000 km since June and only the wrong installed pollen filter.. Another knock on wood from me!
The weather's got cold now and the there is a loss of lifting force in the gas struts of the hatch door. But I think that is reasonable. Any similar data experienced?
Also there is some oil loss of about 1 lt. by now, but that is also OK considering that I drove it mostly in city traffic and the whole summer was exxtremely hot.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts