2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Has your dashborad been replace by Honda under warranty?

• Doesn't need replacing (yet) !!

Votes: 46 80.7%
  • Yes it was replace under warranty.

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • No, the dealer refused to replace under warranty.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick vote to see how many people have had their dashboard replaced under warranty by Honda.

The car is curretly at the dealers, but they have phoned the wife saying it can't be replaced (Yet to find out what excuse they used).

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
Got mine replaced six months back; annnoyingly it's looking like it could do with replacing again! Despite only having 5 miles on the clock my dash was already blemished when I collected the car. The dealer replaced it on demand.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Getting mine replaced, cant decide whether to get the same type or the type R one, I prefer the look of the proper one but it seems a good opportunity to swap now and be scratch free.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had mine replaced under warranty a few months ago, but it's back in the dealers on the 3rd April and hopefully it'll be done again as it is still unacceptable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
dashboard

I take it you guys are talking about the shinning plastic "thing" called a dashboard,that scratches as soon as you look at it!:confused: Any ideas on how to clean it:?:

·
Registered
64 Posts
How does everyone clean it? So far I have used a very soft duster with rainex glass cleaner... Seems to come up nicely and still no scratches, but just wondering what everyone else does....

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
where/what is the dashboard trim?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi All

I have had my car a month now. I recently spotted a scratch at the top of the perspex dash, on the plastic arch. I am going to Ruislip Honda on the 10 April for them to photograph it and adjust the handbrake. The perspex part is begining to scratch up. So a new one will be nice.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hi All

I have had my car a month now. I recently spotted a scratch at the top of the perspex dash, on the plastic arch. I am going to Ruislip Honda on the 10 April for them to photograph it and adjust the handbrake. The perspex part is begining to scratch up. So a new one will be nice.
Why are they going to photograph it?

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,172 Posts
im in the process of having my rear tial gate light cluster replaced under warrenty as it has now got 2 cracks in it, which appear worse when the sun is on it.

only took 2days from showing the dealer and them phoning saying the part is in stock ready for fitting. WELL DONE HONDA 10/10.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hi Topcat

They are going to photograph it on 10 April. I can't see how they will not replace it. The plastic has a 1 inch scratch on the top. The reason why I did not notice it earlier was because the steering Wheel obscures the top of the instrument binacle as I have it set uppermost.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Hi Topcat

They are going to photograph it on 10 April. I can't see how they will not replace it. The plastic has a 1 inch scratch on the top. The reason why I did not notice it earlier was because the steering Wheel obscures the top of the instrument binacle as I have it set uppermost.

Oh I see - well thats good then :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Hi all,

Having my scratched bits replaced today under warranty. I was shown all the parts and all look good.

I can confirmt that ALL perspex sections can be replaced - part in front of radio and speed display and also bluey screen in front of rev counter. Quite large pieces of plastic, I was expecting the instruments to be an integral part of this.

Got a previous model Corsa as a courtesy car - bloody awful machine. The new model must have been significantly improved to have claimed What Cars, Car of the Year 2007 over the Civic!

Cant wait to pick up my lovely car with scartch free interior this evening!!!

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Mine is in at the moment for a few things including having the dash replaced for Type R one courtesy of dealership as they scratched the last new one they put in (they think it arrived scratched as they used gloves to fit it)

The good news is that because it was only scratched a little on one side they are boxing it up and giving it back to me so that when I come to sell the car I have the option of putting original dash back in if that is what any purchaser would prefer :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I was thinking of asking for the old ones back myself. Just to experiment on how to remove scratches in the future.

The post last week from Crackers however put me off from trying this!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts