2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I recently got a 2006 2.2 I-ctdi ES model.

I noticed that all the other buttons have a dim backlight but the Hazard lights button doesn't. Is it meant to have?

Is it also meant to flash when it's pressed?

It works fine and the hazards work.

Just curious as I have a Connects2 box on order and thought I might take a look or get a new bulb for when I take the dash apart!

Cheers.

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Mine stopped lighting up with connects2 also. Never got round to checking the fuse / connection etc

Might have a nosey over the weekend

Reactions: Philbo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine stopped lighting up with connects2 also. Never got round to checking the fuse / connection etc

Might have a nosey over the weekend
I've not installed my connects2 yet. So did it have a backlight or light up when pressed? (or both?)

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
My stoped before connect2 so that can't be problem since its powered on like rest of lights on dash. This is part number 35301-SMG-E01 (14V 60MA) also same one is used on VSA button

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My stoped before connect2 so that can't be problem since its powered on like rest of lights on dash. This is part number 35301-SMG-E01 (14V 60MA) also same one is used on VSA button
Fantastic, thank you very much!

Is it easy to replace?

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
Fantastic, thank you very much!

Is it easy to replace?
If you have factory hu then its not, since you need to remove central dash under radio as I remember (search on forum or wiki how to remove hu). If you have aftermarket hu then only it needs to be removed since awitch is screwed on radio fascia

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,279 Posts
Looks like a job over the weekend then, hoping it's just a fuse though as that would save me stripping the dash for the fifth time :lol:

Reactions: Philbo

·
Administrator
18,079 Posts
:thumbsup: added to Wiki; Lights - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
I noticed mine was not lit but then I also noticed some of the segments on the radio display were starting to not show as well. Could not be bothered to dismantle the dash to re-solder the display connectors so did the quick fix option of hitting the flat panel in front of the display and above the radio. Guess what, all the segments now light up and as a bonus, the hazard button now glows again.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That old chestnut, might give it a whack and see what happens, hopefully the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
the Led bulb in the hazard warning light switch has a black cover. Remove the cover before fitting and it will be much brighter.

It doesn't flash when its pushed. You only get the green indicators in the dashboard. It only comes on when you switch on the lights.

To fit the bulb you have to remove centre and lower console, top surround above head unit and remove 4 screws the head unit surround and then pull that back and then you can access the hazard warning switch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brilliant, that's really useful. Will definitely try and get it done while I am adding the connects2 unit!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts