2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, my car is a 2008 FN2

I have seen several posts about alarms and hazards flashing when locking the car but they always seem to be slightly different and have a different outcome.

When i lock my car sometimes the hazards will come on about 10 seconds after locking and won't go off. Also sometimes the hazards wont flash when locking the car. There is no alarm sound when this happens. My fault doesn't seem to be happening hours after just at the time of locking.

Ive not long had a new battery and have checked to make sure every door is shut.

Whats the best steps to take before throwing money at it.

Any help welcome :serious:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this, I did read through this but there never seemed to be any comment saying that the problem had been solved.

Some say to disconnect bonnet sensor, others say new fuse box. Everyone seems to have tried something different but mines not happening randomly at 3am just when i go to lock it.

I keep going back to look at my car .....

·
Enjoying life
8,605 Posts
Have you checked the voltage is ok on your new battery? Did you have this problem before you changed batteries?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Bad battery earth maybe?

Is your alternator charging?

Why'd you get a new battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got a new battery because every now and then I would get to my car and it would be flat. Once started it would be fine for a few weeks then maybe go dead again. Battery was tested and said faulty hence why i got a new one. Car has started every time since the new battery and never been flat.

Could I be missing something??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts