2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Is there any hidden switch/setting to enable the video feed from HDMI in while driving? There are some apps on my phone that are not carplay enabled that would be nice to be able to display on the bigger screen. I know the older US model had a HDMI and they were able to find a hidden setting to enable it. Doesn't seem to match with the newer menu options though. 'Vehicle Model Information' and change PD VSP Error Aear -> On to Off.

Deirdre

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hi All,

Is there any hidden switch/setting to enable the video feed from HDMI in while driving? There are some apps on my phone that are not carplay enabled that would be nice to be able to display on the bigger screen. I know the older US model had a HDMI and they were able to find a hidden setting to enable it. Doesn't seem to match with the newer menu options though. 'Vehicle Model Information' and change PD USB Error Aear -> On to Off.

Deirdre
No there isnt I'm afraid, but head over to XDA forums, I looks like they've now managed to install 3rd party apps on the newer connect systems :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took a quick look at this today. The Vehicle Model information just shows one entry in my civic rather than the 3 in the post. I also saw reference in the thread that it seemed to only work for the 4 door option.

This was the one I had previously tried but didn't work either. Thread i-want-hdmi-phone-screen-while-driving-possible in on the hrvforum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts