2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HDMI Mirroring and Custom Software

Hey Guys,
I would very much appreciate your comments on the linked YouTube video I uploaded showing my HDMI Mirroring installation from my mobile phone. I write software for Android Mobiles in my spare time as well so with the help of your past "How To" documentation and an idea I had, I came up with the videod example. Feedback on the concept of the software would be much appreciated.

The YouTube video can be found

Cheers
Les

·
Premium Member
4,511 Posts
Hey Guys,
I would very much appreciate your comments on the linked YouTube video I uploaded showing my HDMI Mirroring installation from my mobile phone. I write software for Android Mobiles in my spare time as well so with the help of your past "How To" documentation and an idea I had, I came up with the videod example. Feedback on the concept of the software would be much appreciated.

The YouTube video can be found here.

Cheers
Les
Superb mate, I like this app. So far I have been able to display a jailbroken iTouch onto the Nav screen.

Are you using Bog's cable or box to display video from your phone ??.

I would like to use my HTC Desire HD for this purpose but it doesn't have TV out.

I definitely think there is mileage in this type of application....something Honda may be interested in, LOL.

Look forward to seeing this develop.:)

·
Peanut butter and Jelly
327 Posts
LC that's pretty cool stuff.
Couldn't use it as an Iphone user but the more apps you guys write for android opens my options when looking for my next phone :)

kudos matey.. :)

Reactions: lc2002

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey MrBozo and Saberkin thanks for the positive comments. My Civic did not have and aux input so there was one issue. In total for this proof of concept I used 3 different black boxes.

XCarlink for the aux input, the xcarlink multimedia interface and a HDMI TO VGA + AUDIO CONVERTER from CPC.co.uk.

Probably not the cheapest options around and the installation is not as polished as I want it to be at the moment, time, kids,work etc..... but I'll get there soon.

The software should work perfectly with your HTC Desire HD once released and would work with any decent hands free kit that can voice tag to allow you to keep your hands away from the phone while driving.

Again, thanks for the comments, helps me realise I'm on the right track :)

Cheers
Les

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Seeing as you have my video cable, you will need this.... HDMI to VGA + Composite RCA Audio Video Cable (1.5M-Length) [E17626] : Electronic Gadgets, Home Gifts & Unusual Novelty Gifts - BestOfferBuy

And this....

Coastway Computer Services Online Catalogue, MC953ZM/A,Apple MC953ZM,A HDMI A,V Cable,1 x Male Proprietary,1 x HDMI (Type A) Male Digital Audio,Video, 1 x Female Proprietary

And an iPad2 :) as the iPhone and itouch don't support mirroring yet (rumoured to be coming in ios5)

Or just stick with what you have done with jailbreaking :)
Superb mate, I like this app. So far I have been able to display a jailbroken iTouch onto the Nav screen.

Are you using Bog's cable or box to display video from your phone ??.

I would like to use my HTC Desire HD for this purpose but it doesn't have TV out.

I definitely think there is mileage in this type of application....something Honda may be interested in, LOL.

Look forward to seeing this develop.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts