2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has bought a hds kit recently all the sites I find are based in Japan/China/Hong Kong anyone recommend a good UK site that sells them thanks.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
hi baldybrewer the problem with most hds kits are thet they are Chinese clones and the full functionality of them is questionable
and the software will also be a cracked version that might cause damage to the car ecu software

are you looking for the tool just to read and clear fault codes for diy use or are you looking for full programing functions

thanks jox

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi baldybrewer the problem with most hds kits are thet they are Chinese clones and the full functionality of them is questionable
and the software will also be a cracked version that might cause damage to the car ecu software

are you looking for the tool just to read and clear fault codes for diy use or are you looking for full programing functions

thanks jox
I'm looking for something that will read all the ecu and give the fault codes. I have read that many generic code readers wont work on the civic due to different sub systems in the ecu.
I'm not to bothered about programming anything on the car except maybe the HFT reset.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I'm looking for something that will read all the ecu and give the fault codes. I have read that many generic code readers wont work on the civic due to different sub systems in the ecu.
I'm not to bothered about programming anything on the car except maybe the HFT reset.
hi there if its only engine codes then any obd2 reader for around a tenner will do but if you want to check abs airbag ect you need a dedicated reader

the hds is a bit advanced for diy use

I have recently orderd a dedicated Honda one to keep at home that looks like good value for money that claims to read most systems and should be with me in the next couple of days as my main diagnostic system cost over 4 grand and I don't like tacking it out of the garage

i will let you know how good it compaires when it arrives

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi there if its only engine codes then any obd2 reader for around a tenner will do but if you want to check abs airbag ect you need a dedicated reader

the hds is a bit advanced for diy use

I have recently orderd a dedicated Honda one to keep at home that looks like good value for money that claims to read most systems and should be with me in the next couple of days as my main diagnostic system cost over 4 grand and I don't like tacking it out of the garage

i will let you know how good it compaires when it arrives
Thanks I have an abs/vsa fault I suspect its a faulty sensor but I would like to know which wheel is giving the error if the reader you get could give that info then I would be up for getting one looking forward to seeing what you think of it.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
hi there the rear sensors are quite common on the civic
the tool should be with me tomorrow or tue latest and it claims to read abs and give live data to check sensors
once I get it I will create a few faluts on my car and see how good it is at finding them and let you know the outcome

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
Was it shipped from the UK as the buisiness seller is based in china and I dont want to wait 2/3 weeks for it to arrive or get hit with a customs charge.
Yes sent via royal mail second class recorded, bought on the Thursday night and was with me by Tuesday.

*Just to note I have not tried the HFT reset, or seen if it is possible with this device as I don't have one.

Has all engine tests, Injectors, EGR etc, and does a "Honda" Health Check too, also clears any DTC's and so on.

I have only test this one my 59 plate civic and another members civic and worked fine.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes sent via royal mail second class recorded, bought on the Thursday night and was with me by Tuesday.

*Just to note I have not tried the HFT reset, or seen if it is possible with this device as I don't have one.

Has all engine tests, Injectors, EGR etc, and does a "Honda" Health Check too, also clears any DTC's and so on.

I have only test this one my 59 plate civic and another members civic and worked fine.
Thanks have you got it running on windows 7 or xp.

·
Registered
342 Posts

It claims to read ABS, but can it? I am aware a lot of these listing give false claims. Is it easy enough to set up?

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
It claims to read ABS, but can it? I am aware a lot of these listing give false claims. Is it easy enough to set up?
Mine did, also cleared any DTC aswel!, pretty strightforward followed a "guide" online with the "software".

The adapter I bought was a pain because it came without drivers but 30 mins of searching was all working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts