2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I have had the dreaded power steering problem on my 06 civic for a while now (only happens in winter). I have changed the battery amongst other things to fix it but after researching many, many times, I am 99% certain its the PSU.

I can buy a unit off ebay for around £100 but have heard I need to calibrate it before use, so my question is, does anyone know of a clone HDS tool I can buy to be able to sort this problem myself?

I have found a couple on ebay but they are both from china, also one is £15 and the other is £90?

Could anyone shed some light on this for me, or does anyone have a HDS tool I can buy that they know will do the trick?

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
7 Posts
HDS £15 you saw on ebay is simple USB cable that can only do easy DTCs reset, or live data display etc

Cost-more HDS tool with 3 indicator lights is the OEM diagnostic equipment for Honda, good quality clone can project exactly the same features as real

The software makes you enter the VIN number even though it is available as a part of standard OBD-II parameter.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HDS £15 you saw on ebay is simple USB cable that can only do easy DTCs reset, or live data display etc

Cost-more HDS tool with 3 indicator lights is the OEM diagnostic equipment for Honda, good quality clone can project exactly the same features as real

The software makes you enter the VIN number even though it is available as a part of standard OBD-II parameter.

Thank you :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts