2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows if the Honda AUX and USB post located in the armrest storage compartment would still work with an aftermarket head unit? Or if I could get them to work with an aftermarket head unit?

So far I've found pretty much everything still works with an aftermarket head unit like steering wheel controls with patch lead and climate control AC display functionality. But I just haven't managed to find if the Honda AUX and USB ports would still work or not.

The head unit I'm planning to get is the Pioneer SPA DA-100.

Thanks for the help.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
No, they dont work on mine. I am planning on replacing the Honda head unit when I sell the car so left all the leads intact.

Even if they did I still wouldn't use them, the micro SD slot and iphone are all I ever use on my 940BT

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info discus. I got in touch with Impulse and Bob told me the same thing as well.

I'll just let them be and leave them in place once install my head unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Resurrecting this ancient thread as I've got a related question (found this thread while searching for an answer)

I'm planning on installing an aftermarket head unit into my '10 FK2 which has the OEM USB and Aux ports in the armrest.

My question is has anybody reused the USB and Aux ports with an aftermarket HU?

I know I could easily add new panel mounted ports but my OCD won't rest knowing there are redundant ports lurking under my left elbow!!

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
My question is has anybody reused the USB and Aux ports with an aftermarket HU?

Yes,I did that,only for the OEM usb port.

Στάλθηκε από το TA-1033 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Well,I replaced the grey plug that is shown in the right side of the first two pics,with the black cable in the third pic.With this cable you can join the oem cable that runs under the armrest,with the usb of the aftermarket HU.
IMG_20181104_213952.jpg
IMG_20181104_214001.jpg
IMG_20181105_131352.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το TA-1033 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
For the benefit of others:

The easiest way to use the OEM USB socket with an aftermarket HU is to use a USB retention cable such as the Connects2 CTHONDAUSB: Connects2 Ltd
(I believe this is what @coyote80 used)

Unfortunately I can't fine a commercially available Aux retention cable so may have to make one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts