2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I wonder if anyone can help me.

I installed a new head unit in my 2004 1.6 Exec ep2 yesterday. Everything went seemingly well, until I drove to work the morning after, and found that I could no longer control the heat of the blower on the heating system. The fan is working fine; I can still change the fan speed etc, but it no longer wants to go warm or cold, either with the air con on or off.
Just to note, it worked fine before the head unit installation. I’m wondering if I’ve possibly dislodged something, or maybe blown a fuse? Is the Temp control a separately fused item?

Thanks in advance,

Ian.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Not familiar with that model, but on some cars the heater control is essentially a cable that closes and opens a flap that lets in hot or cold air. Is it possible you dislodged that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and thanks for your reply.

Sounds like a good idea.

I'll have to take it all apart again on Monday and give it a look.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello guys, I hope this topic is not completely dead and I can get some advice on a head unit installation. My car is 2004 1.4 hatch automatic and I understand that you would need to start taken out the gear selector console/plate to get to the radio above. Unlike in manual versions you do not have the soft rubber gear shift cover to be able to grab the panel and yank it out. How can it be done on the automatic version? There is little socket on the left side of the shifter that looks like an access point into what's underneath but I am not sure really. Any suggestions please? Thanks greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts