2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home tonight and got to thinking if you stick a mirror in front of your speedo it it will turn it into a headup display and reflect off the windscreen :D

·
Foglight Covers FORSALE
3,182 Posts
the display mite look good, but i doubt the mirror will[smilie=tongue.gif]

·
Registered
8 Posts
With a two way mirror you should be able to see both as well which will help when there are cars coming towards you

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Could be a way of having it ! The h.u.d. would definetly be an improvement for the civic (for the look and for safety)[smilie=cheeky-grin:

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Just tested this with a CD jewel case placed in front of the speedo, and it works!! The reflection was right in my normal line of sight, so it's not ideal but it did look pretty cool. I took a couple of pictures and even a bit of video. Will post those later. :)

·
King of the rodeo
4,830 Posts
Just tested this with a CD jewel case placed in front of the speedo, and it works!! The reflection was right in my normal line of sight, so it's not ideal but it did look pretty cool. I took a couple of pictures and even a bit of video. Will post those later. :)
Brilliant! Look forward to the pics!

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I can hear the junior hacksaws and squirts of plastic glue echoing around the country as I type... :eek::D:p

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Here you go, as promised.

The first one is with brightness set to max.
Second one is with the brightness at my normal level.
Last picture with headlights turned off.

And this was with a CD jewel case with a somewhat light 'sleeve'. Replace that with something more reflective or even a mirror and you'd be pretty much all set. :) :wink:

Attachments

·
Registered
421 Posts
ooh i couldnt be doing with that right in my vision. i dont like that.
whats wrong with where the speedo is anyway?

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
I agree it's pointless. The speedo is already placed very high up so there's little need to look down.

You could of course play with the angle of the mirror to have it displayed lower - at least theoretically. :)

·
Administrator
21,244 Posts
My first thought was that wouldn't it be upside down on the windscreen - obviously not.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was just a random thought whilst driving :D :D

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
:)

Here's the video. You'll need the correct codec for this.

Head up display

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Glad it's showing 0 mph, looks like a wall coming up!

Good idea for the 'modding' guys.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

"Do nudists have pin-ups of people with clothes on?"

Charles H.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
whilst agreeing that it is completly pointless - I'm someone who ticked the 'ambient blue lighting' box - which doesn't have a great deal of point either :wink:

personally - I love it :D

but gutted I can't see the vid - it's asking for a logon / password :(

·
Galaxy class starship
1,053 Posts
Whoopsie. It never did that before, I wonder why thye've changed their policy. Let's see if I can find another server for it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts