2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a flashpro and am running the group N map with HKS RSK. I plan on getting a proper remap, but want to sort the header first.

Will I need to change the stock exhaust too or am I fine to run this with the standard setup? If keeping the standard, will I need to remap again if I change to a 2.5"/3" single exit stainless system at a later time?

I also need an MOT/legal solution :police: so can I fit a sports cat in the standard exhaust or am I better off fitting a system like the solid fab catted manifold (especially if I might change the exhaust in future)?

thanks

·
Premium Member
1,758 Posts
A catback upgrade would not require another map. You could add other mods at a later date and remap then. Legal side of things there are a few other options other than the solid fabrications piper do a mani with built in cat or buy a cat and put it into your catback. Eg under the drivers seat for the other manifolds, quite a few guys have done this and been fine with me being the exception:mad:.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I was looking at a Solid Fabrications mani and sports cat, £650. Means you don't have to cut up your cat back system to fit a cat for MOT.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was initially thinking of the Tegiwa manifold with a sports cat in the standard cat back. Then also gives the option of swapping in a decat section in if I choose (although would presumably need a separate map for this?) . The solid fab unit looks good and is good value with the least hassle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not got any plans (or £££) for any other mods at the moment so would probably only stick with 2.5" if I change it.
Am I best off replacing my HKS RSK if fitting the header & mapping? Love the sound, but don't know if it'll have a negative effect on possible outcomes

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts