2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it worth heat wrapping a header before fitting? i know there are pro's and con's as to if its done or not, but i'm fitting my japspeed header shortly and was thinking if its worth wrapping before sticking it on the car. my understanding is the heat shields cant be fitted with a aftermarket header and this will increase under bonnet temps, i have fog scoops to my intake and a vent on the bonnet for max cold air, but although i have never experienced it for myself i do have a nagging feeling that heat soak could be a issue after fitting the header especially with my HKS RSK.

Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
This would be my choice Zircotec - UK's largest thermal barrier ceramic coating offerings
Wish I'd known about this before fitting my Piper header but still thinking about doing it when I get my oil pump/ cams done. Guy I work with used to race bikes and said the temp difference it can give is incredible. But be careful of different qualities and brands they are not all the same. hope this helps
Gareth

·
Premium Member
886 Posts
This would be my choice Zircotec - UK's largest thermal barrier ceramic coating offerings
Wish I'd known about this before fitting my Piper header but still thinking about doing it when I get my oil pump/ cams done. Guy I work with used to race bikes and said the temp difference it can give is incredible. But be careful of different qualities and brands they are not all the same. hope this helps
Gareth
Agreed but costs huge amount more then wrapping which puts 99% of people off. There is another coatings company in bradford i spoke to. Cant remember name but worth googling as lot cheaper.

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
never thought about getting it coated as that removes the main negative of it being a fire hazard if an oil leak started, but as you say it is rather expensive.

the cost would be worthwhile on a forced induction car but not so much on a n/a in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts