2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I know a few people who have purchased stainless steel exhausts from china.and to be fair the steel was quite low quality and didn't fair that well on the car.the welds were pretty poor to....

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How long have been running your header for and was fit ok also if you don't mind saying what you paid
Thanks

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I paid like £170? But it's not the one you showed it's a toda replica. I will be replacing it with a tegiwa but I cannot fault it. Been on over 3 months on my supercharged FN2 340bhp. When I take it off I was gonna inspect it and sell it to Lamberto (I think?) for cheap. I can find you a link later. They do sell the same item for different prices for no apparent reason, perhaps just a selling strategy. I can give you a link later if you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I'm also running one of those nub and had zero issues either.....struggle to justify hand in out more for a teg if this one holds up

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts
Been good to have some pics once it's off as if any EX manifold has had a bashing it's your's nub with it being charged :)

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Link would be good to have a look at also would be keen yo see pics once you have taken yours off.
Any issues with mot having no cat?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Link would be good to have a look at also would be keen yo see pics once you have taken yours off.

Any issues with mot having no cat?

It will never pass emissions with this or any other decat header

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
How longs it been on nub?

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
Get a 400 cell cat welded into the b pipe

·
250bhp.... finally :)
4,275 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well I check most civic sites loads of slagging off about these cheap jap headers but no one has fitted one then removed it for a more expensive one as it broke or was naff. I think there's a lot of snobbery around parts for civics you pays your money you takes your choice?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
My car is around 340bhp and the only difference I noticed was I have a spot around 2.5k-2600rpm where my exhaust resonates for a moment but this will be because my car is mapped to a header with extremely long primaries and a completely different design to the toda replica that I replaced it with. I expect when I fit my Tegiwa, this will still be there. It's possible I lost some top end but that's difficult to determine without a dyno and again will be down to the design. As long as it checks out upon removal I expect there's nothing wrong with it and may be decent enough for an NA setup if you're on a budget, just with bolt ons aiming for 230bhp. As you say, if there's a fundamental problem with these cheap headers then we've yet to see any evidence of it

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
well I check most civic sites loads of slagging off about these cheap jap headers but no one has fitted one then removed it for a more expensive one as it broke or was naff. I think there's a lot of snobbery around parts for civics you pays your money you takes your choice?
I'll probably get one.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts