2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right guys,

I've not long fitted my H7R hid kit from JP.

Great kit and lights look great. Problem now is other road users keep flashing me thinking my main beams are on when there not.

I've tried to turn the headlight adjustment dial by the steering wheel to tilt them down slightly and there is no noise coming from the front and these do not raise or drop anymore.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

The adjusters did work prior to the hid's been fitted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Right guys,

I've not long fitted my H7R hid kit from JP.

Great kit and lights look great. Problem now is other road users keep flashing me thinking my main beams are on when there not.

I've tried to turn the headlight adjustment dial by the steering wheel to tilt them down slightly and there is no noise coming from the front and these do not raise or drop anymore.

Has anyone else had this problem before?

The adjusters did work prior to the hid's been fitted.
I have factory fit HID'S and they auto adjust (apparently)via a sensor directed at the axle?? but i get on comers flashing me all the time i just flash em back to prove there not on full beam.My scoobie also had HID's and I'm told that they don't dip…any HID's because the ballast which sparks them up can not reduce power they are on or off.

·
shameless
537 Posts
head lights probably need adjusting properly under bonnet

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats all fine saying to adjust the headlights under the bonnet, just what could be the reason for the switch now not adjusting the headlamps?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I was driving behind someone last week who was flashing almost everyone coming the other way unless they had mega-dim headlights.
Whilst driving a 62 plate car with HIDs itself.

The mind boggles.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Thats all fine saying to adjust the headlights under the bonnet, just what could be the reason for the switch now not adjusting the headlamps?
Good question. Are you sure it's not adjusting them? I mean have you tested them up against a wall or something like that?

Could always try popping the original bulbs in again; although I appreciate that's a bit of a pain in the backside.

·
Super Moderator
7,124 Posts
The dial is not for lazy ajdusting.

It is for when you have alot of crap in the boot, this will make the cars front want to point up a bit and the adjusters are to aim them down.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right guys, I've checked all the fuses in both fuse boxes today and none of them are blown.

What other things should I check to resolve this issue as the dial just isn't adjusting the headlights at all. There's no noise coming from the motors when I turn the dial either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts