2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights have been polished far too many times and are now entirely yellow, I don't think I'll get away with polishing for the MOT this year so looking at replacements.

Cox are selling OEM ones for £224 (each) here:

AutoDoc has various third party manufacturers listed for c.£140 (each)
ABAKUS
PRASCO
ALKAR
DIEDERICHS
JOHNS
TYC

And EuroCarParts having:
TYC - £120ish
Magneti Marelli £214 - I'm guessing these are probably the same as the OEM ones

Anyone have any experience with the third party manufacturers? The £200 saving is pretty significant and could cover the cost of replacement fogs too.

· Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced my 7th gen headlights with some TYC units. I didn't experience any issues for the almost 2 years I owned the car using them.
Cheers - I did see some reviews which mentioned that they were fine. Just didn't know whether they stand the test of time or not :)

Can't you just get some used ones in good condition?

Mine are cloudy as f**k but I can't be bothered to polish them... Never failed an MOT yet!
If I'm replacing them and having to remove the front bumper I'd prefer to only have to do it once :D Sadly I've had a couple of fails on the MOT due to them and we're on the 3rd round of polishing. Clearly you are more lucky than me with MOT testers!

· Registered
2,537 Posts
I feel like the MoT is only really relevant for things that are actually dangerous or for emissions stuff. Everything else it probably depends on the tester and what sort of terms you are on with that particular garage/tester...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts