2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I've just noticed the drivers side headlight washer on my EX isn't always fully retracting, usually extruding about 5mm or so, it pushes back in no worries.

What do you guys think is the likely cause, I can see anything blocking it. Is it an easy fix of its just the spring/mechanism?

Cheers

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
probably just water behind it not being allowed to be pushed back by the spring in the washer unit. Use the washers again a couple times and I think it should go back alright.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Headlight Washers + Wingmirror Warranty question

Sadly this didn't work.

It now seems to get stuck out about 1CM after doing a wash. I actually caught it with my jeans the other day when walking around the car and forgetting I hadn't pushed it back (No further damage thankfully just snagged briefly)

Do you think this would be eligible for fixing under the 12 month Honda used Car warranty that I got with the car purchase.

I also notice the passenger side door mirror has been bent back a bit and doesn't line up properly with the door.

Again is this something that I could get repaired under the Warranty as they are both not wear and tear parts so I assume covered.

I didn't quite want to go straight to Honda being hesitant as I suspect I'd more likely get told no.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
ah okay, I only suggested this as on my old car they used to do the same and they'd retract fully after I used them again.
I'd take it to Honda then in that case to get it done under warranty (as the part is expensive) sounds like a weak spring inside the washer mech.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
No harm in trying the dealer, he can only say no !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts