2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my car in the mornings my headlights flash on an off in a "hazard light fashion" and then remain on even though my lights are set to off?

I can only turn the headlights off when I turn the engine off. The green headlight symbol is constantly on on the dash as well.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions to what might be causing the lights to stay on?

I can record a video tonight if this isn't clear.

Thanks folks.

·
Premium Member
1,211 Posts
Most relays are straightforward to replace - the difficulty is finding it! Have a look in the fuse box inside the engine bay, there's a diagram inside the lid that should tell you which relay is which in there. But it could also be in the cabin :/

·
Enjoying life
8,503 Posts
I think Cooke has a 2008 CTR that he bought in England, correct me if I'm wrong Cooke?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think Cooke has a 2008 CTR that he bought in England, correct me if I'm wrong Cooke?
Correct Flashy, apologies for the confusion if this is in the wrong section.

Think I will take a trip to local Honda dealer to see what they think is causing it.
Need to speak to them about the thin rust line on the roof anyway so who knows they might kill two birds if I get lucky!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you bought the car recently ?
About 10 days ago mate yeah, bought it over in England as flashy said and brought it over to NI.
I think I recall the dealer saying I had 6 months warranty at any Honda garage in the uk so I will have to make a call and see what's covered.

·
No Smoke no poke
3,589 Posts
Just out of curiosity have a look at the option connector under the dashboard see if there is anything connected as you can buy a module off a fellow member to have them on permanently.

Wardy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts