2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Milano Red Fn2
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting little article in this months LRO magazine, glad I removed the aftermarket HID kit now 馃憤馃徎

i-Vtec
That is a shame because cars with elliptical headlight lens are perfectly suitable for HID's and work the same as a factory HID headlight does. I wont give up my LED headlights, they are fantastic. Well its only a ten minute job to swap them out before a test anyway. Im surprised there are not actually better standards for halogen headlights tbh. The Vectra C Both pre and facelift versions were really bad, unsafe bad tbh. the Gen8 a bit better but not a lot. Yet the Peugeot Partner Mini Bus we have at work has great Halogens headlights.

Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
They should put more checks into the MOT like darkened front windows, illegal number plates and overly noisy exhausts. All of which can be frequently seen and heard near me.

Reactions: Iceman29

Premium Member
Good on em IMHO - would be nice if the police pulled the dazzlers a little more often, and insisted they make their cars roadworthy - with a new test.

It should be a points offence to deliberately swap parts to non compliant items after an MOT - could come under current roadworthiness legislation ( the MOT is point in time check and all owners are legally required to ensure their vehicles are up to standard at ALL times)

Registered
They should put more checks into the MOT like darkened front windows, illegal number plates and overly noisy exhausts. All of which can be frequently seen and heard near me.
And there are some cars that clearly didn鈥檛 pass their MOT but have a friendly tester to get though, smoky exhausts, wheels outside the arches, so low they can鈥檛 get over speed humps and de cats etc. And those who change back and forth at MOT time should be ashamed, if you don鈥檛 respect the law, why should others respect it towards you. Once we are all electric things will change for the better anyway and even more so when they drive themselves. We need to get the dangerous and the stupid off our roads.

Super Moderator
number plates and after market hid's are allready a fail
nothing new there but led "lamps" well think thats a bit too far but some are bad as they dont have a beam just a bright light that leaves it to the cars headlight to fillter the beam

Super Moderator
at least putting LED bulbs anywhere else is still "permitted"

Super Moderator
Ah but does CE marking apply now we are "an independent third nation"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts