2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall. Quick one. I’ve noticed that my headlight beams are not at the same angle so one is noticeably higher than the other in the dark. I’ve changed the bulbs and tried to manually adjust them using the alan key adjustment above the unit but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference.
Any ideas ?

TIA

·
4,345 Posts
If they were OK before you changed the bulbs, there is a bit of a clue there, as in you haven't fitted them right or the bulb(s) is/are miss aligned (unlikely)
I have not come across Allen key adjustment of Honda lights before (not to say they have not used them) and the adkusters have been almost impossible to get at down the back of the unit and not in the hole by the legend.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bulbs are in correctly, they were misaligned before I changed them. Above the side light and headlight bays there are white plastic alan key sockets which someone else in here mentioned were a way to manually adjust the alignment of the lights.

·
4,345 Posts
OK. Then they are probably right as I have no experience of 9G Hondas.

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
are you sure they are different heights
its not that the passanger ide 1 is lighting up the kerb side more is it
both sides have different patterns
passanger side lights up more on kerb side and drivers side is flat so not to dazzle on coming drivers

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
the below picture is a left hand drive car but you can see how they are ours are just opposite way round
4-23.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, my passenger side is definately higher than the drivers side. I didn't realise that it could be intentional as you’ve described.

·
4,345 Posts
It's not. The flat tops are meant to be the same height and the kick ups are to the left on a RH drive car.
HERE's the facts in UK. But remember the first diagram is for one headlight and both have kick ups to the left (UK).
And if you don't know what they are supposed to look like, you shouldn't be tinkering with them anyway.?

My comment about the Allen key is illustrated in this video. THIS is the only method that I have come across on Hondas. There is also a L/R on some.

·
4,345 Posts
OK. Wrong again, but I have not come across those before. But that begs the question as to why MikeMoo can't adjust his.

Broken link. This stupid forum won't let me see the BB code to see where I went wrong. But basically it shows a geezer going down the back of thger headlighgts with a big long screwdriver as per scaramanger's vid above.

·
4,345 Posts
What worked? What exactly did you adjust and where was it? (Pic?) :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There are white Allen key holes above both the headlights and sidelights. A quick turn levelled the beams up. I’ll upload a pic a bit later.

·
4,345 Posts
Ta. But I thought that you said earlier that they didn't adjust them That's why I waxed lyrical about it and got it all wrong for your car.:oops:

·
4,345 Posts
Ah Ha. Not surprising it didn't work then.
Still. Sorted in the end. Result.

·
Super Moderator
2,253 Posts
what you have probably turned is the left / right sideways adjuster
the lights are all in 1 unit its either up and down adjuster or left and right adjuster

1 - 20 of 20 Posts