2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

so there is this thing in my lovely 2015 Civic that I hate a lot, basically when I have headlights on and I want to wash my windscreen the headlight washers sprays all my car after the first use, searching here and there I found out it's a normal thing but I just hate it, it's useless since I do a lot of motorways and I have to keep the headlights on, the water in the spraying system ends in half the time and my car gets sprayed all over everytime.

I was wondering if there is a solution to this, I'd like to keep the headlight washer system since I don't like to remove features (even if useless) from my car but this is very frustrating and when my car is fresh & clean it ruins all the work everytime, the only solution is to turn headlights off, spray the windscreen and then turn them on again.

I really don't understand why they did such a useless thing, I have the button to do it if I want to do it, why does it have to be automatic?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
MY13 9G Civic Auto
21,546 Posts
Your right that when the headlights are on they get washed when you pull the lever.

I'm not aware of any quick fix.

·
4,773 Posts
Where's that RTFM emoicon?
It has been discussed in the last two days and it's a 30Amp jobbie.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
An idea (In my mind it should work, at least :p ) for you if you're not afraid of a little wiring; You could use a time delay relay like this:
(You'd need a 12V 30A one)

With that, you could set up the headlight washers to only activate when you perform a very long burst.

You'd need to see what's live; If there's constant power to the headlight washer fuse when you pull the washer stalk, it should work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi - sorry for digging out the old thread.
Do you know if it's the same 30A fuse in 10gen? Is it responsible only for headlight washers or anything else?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts