2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got home and found my headlights washers on my EX are stuck open!
Its about -3 outside and I think they might be frozen.
I tried using them to make it go back in but all that happens is they pop out some more and then go 1/2 way back in and not fully.

Anyone had any experience? They are not easy to push in and I don't want to break them, do u think they will fix on their own when the temp warms up? should I just leave it as it is? I don't think its going to get any warmer just colder!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put some worm water on them and the left one has gone back in and the right is nearly all the way back in. Thanks Dimplyred.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Do civic have heated washer nozzles like on fords, my headlight washers are stuck open too and I dotn want to use them at night but there isnt any other way of not using them other than turning your headlights off to clean the window, not something I will be doing at 60mph, any advice

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
-7 this morning and mine washers are stuck out!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
I had this on mine, I got someone to get them to spray as I watched right next to the one that was stuck in the air. It would go from halfway up to the top and as it was going down (and would only reach half way) I gently pushed down helping it to go flush with the bodywork, worked a charm.

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I checked at lunchtime and they have gone back in

1 - 7 of 7 Posts