2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just noticed that my blue fn2 seems to have had a bit of front end damage and both headlights have been bodged in as the mounting brackets have broken off on both.

As it's a 10 plate my headlights are the Xeon versions.
Am I able to get a pair of headlights from a normal civic and transfer all the gubbins into the donor cases so that I can use my xenon headlights in a case that's not bust?

Or will I have to source a pair of 2010 onwards lights?

·
i-Vtec
2,572 Posts
TBH you'd be better looking at sourcing another set of headlights. Someone here had to use a commercial oven to heat their headlights up enough to split them. Maybe some one knows if you can buy a repair kit from honda, if they are still actually serviceable. @Farqui

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys, I'll keep an eye out.

Also the grill mounting points have been. Snapped off so of anybody has fitted a mugen grill and wants to sell their original let me know.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks.

By they, I meant the other one the same guy was selling.

Ordered them both, got him down a bit on the price due to the damage

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is mine are both bust on all the mounting points which are part of the main unit and don't appear to be replaceable according to that diagram

·
more torque than the mrs
6,732 Posts
Problem is mine are both bust on all the mounting points which are part of the main unit and don't appear to be replaceable according to that diagram
thought there was only 3 mounting points per headlight ? which is 1 2 & 3 on the diagram and 4 5 6 for the other side headlight... I know a few people who have fixed their headlight with the kit... and they just screw into the housing...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'd not even realised that the mounting points are just screwed on to the housing. Oh well, I might aswel just use the mounting legs from the new ones to repair my current ones.

Wish I'd known that before as I'd have just bought a cheap set of non xenon ones and took the mounting legs off them!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update.

Had a call from honda UK today, they told me that they have told Stoneacre to submit a warranty claim under goodwill gesture.

Stoneacre called me, he said that I've got to goto their chosen bodyshop, get a paint depth scan and quote done, take my service history down to Honda dealership and they will submit the new claim.

But the guy at the dealers said he thinks they won't accept it due to not been full honda history, but the woman on the phone from honda UK basically said they are now waiting on the figures to come through fr honda and they will then accept the claim

So I'm not sure how I feel at the minute!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts