2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find this. My headrest seems to be in a position that pushes my head forward, rather than allow me to rest my head back. Makes me feel like i have to sit with my head lurched forwards. Often headrests are able to tilt forwards and backwards, the civics feel like they are on full tilt forwards and dont have the function to move back.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
No issues with comfort here, and no real difference in position to the Mrs' A3...

Have you sat in the passenger seat (or another Civic) to confirm it's not just yours that is like that?

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
Yup me too, had to buy a 'backrest' for the drivers seat! Never had this problem in any of my other cars. My wife also has this issue in our Civic.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Never had that issue in my 2.2 either. Although, I had my seat reclined. I imagine if you had the seat more upright then it might be uncomfortable.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
no problem here either

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I think it is a head restraint designed to minimise whiplash and not a head rest which would be designed for comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I did find them slightly uncomfortable when I first bought the car, however I now have absolutely no issue with them.

They are active head restraints, meaning there is some kind of lever mechanism in the seat that moves the head rest forward in an impact to try and prevent whiplash.

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
I think the headrest is in the best place tbh.....right behind my cranium :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts