2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably asked a million times again but if I swap the stock stereo for an aftermarket single din would 'Honda Civic' be displayed and what features would I lose? My Alpine H/U is steering wheel compatible and I wandered what happens to the clock and date feature on the display.

Is there a blue wire that you don't need to connect that has something to do with it? I am planning on getting the fascia kit with wire connectors.

Any help appreciated.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Probably asked a million times again but if I swap the stock stereo for an aftermarket single din would 'Honda Civic' be displayed and what features would I lose? My Alpine H/U is steering wheel compatible and I wandered what happens to the clock and date feature on the display.

Is there a blue wire that you don't need to connect that has something to do with it? I am planning on getting the fascia kit with wire connectors.

Any help appreciated.
You have to have the connects2 / impulse wiring loom, which it sounds like you're getting.

This means you can have either "Honda Civic" or the date, depending on whether you connect the blue wire to a power source or not. (don't connect it = date, connect = "Honda Civic")
You won't lose any functionality as a result, and the clock/date feature remains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts