2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So dropped my car in today at the dealership for a service and repair they now provide with walk around of my vehicle with a video. Quite cool actually

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,939 Posts
Which no doubt will bump up the price of your service. Is it listed on your invoice?

It's got to slow down the number of services they can perform too right. So they wouldn't do it unless they were after more cash to offset this loss.

Do they use it as a marketing tool in order to get you to keep your wallet open?

Although it should be a good tool to keep them transparent. At least for the stuff they want you to see.

Sorry, I haven't found many dealers that are good at their jobs - especially spannerin'. On modern cars many of the service jobs can easily be performed at home these days. The loom electric revolution will really hurt dealerships and mechanics. Rant over, The Grinch.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Which no doubt will bump up the price of your service. Is it listed on your invoice?

It's got to slow down the number of services they can perform too right. So they wouldn't do it unless they were after more cash to offset this loss.

Do they use it as a marketing tool in order to get you to keep your wallet open?

Although it should be a good tool to keep them transparent. At least for the stuff they want you to see.

Sorry, I haven't found many dealers that are good at their jobs - especially spannerin'. On modern cars many of the service jobs can easily be performed at home these days. The loom electric revolution will really hurt dealerships and mechanics. Rant over, The Grinch.
Part of the complimentary health check we will see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
My sister had a video like this when she took her car in for a service at VW a couple of years ago. They moved around a few areas with the camera including underneath to show what's what and highlighted that her front brake pads could do with changing and to discuss this with them. Price for pads and fitting was expensive so she ended up getting them done locally a few months later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts