2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a lot of rattling recently, and have tracked it down to what I assume is a heat shield above exhaust, just in front of rear seats, dont seem to be any mechanical fixings on the back of it, so its bouncing around. Anyone know whether it would be safe to just bin it?

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I had the same problem on my last car, rusted to ****, just took it out and threw it as far as I could. Car didn't catch fire!

Of course, I am not saying that this is safe necessarily just that it was ok when I did it. I imagine it's there for a reason.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I had the same problem on my last car, rusted to ****, just took it out and threw it as far as I could. Car didn't catch fire!

Of course, I am not saying that this is safe necessarily just that it was ok when I did it. I imagine it's there for a reason.
+1

I also did this, noticed two holes had gone initially. I did a washer fix and all fine for a week or two then discovered every other hole had corroded away so got the rear end of the car on axle stands and ripped it off.

Its been off for a good two months now during which I've had some long drives in warm weather and haven't noticed any difference heat wise anywhere inside the car.

But agree'd it must be there for a reason...[smilie=noeyedeer.g:

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Hasn't happened on my Civic but happened on my Mazda 1994 323F (Cool Car) and Vauxhaull 2005 Astra Sport hatch (Don't smirk) and neither burst into flames. Me personally I'd rip it off and fling it tae but you can do what your conscience tells you :?:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts