2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both my heated door mirrors were working up until recently and they cleared the mist and frost v quickly, then I noticed one frosty morning the passenger side had cleared but the drivers side had not, didn't take that much notice at the time as i had the car booked in under warranty to have both power folding mirrors sorted (seems like a common fault and the car is only 3 yrs old!) they replaced both motors and it folds great now, however this morning was the first time I used the heated mirrors since the replacement to clear some bad condensation and after 5-10 mins nothing seemed to of happened but the rear window cleared in no time.
The other thing I noticed was the drivers side mirror had a small vertical line down it 3 1/4's across on the narrow side (element?) but I couldn't see one on the passenger side.

Do you think a connection could of come loose, fuse blown or do i need to get new heated mirrors?

Ta

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
The other thing I noticed was the drivers side mirror had a small vertical line down it 3 1/4's across on the narrow side (element?) but I couldn't see one on the passenger side.

Do you think a connection could of come loose, fuse blown or do i need to get new heated mirrors?

Ta
It is a aspheric type rear view mirror which increases the curvature of the mirror past the black line which assists in eliminating blind spots

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Since it only started after your wing mirrors were changed I'd guess a loose connection.
Or maybe it was even U/S on fit? Either way, pop back down to your dealer, they should sort it for free since it was working fine before they touched it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts