2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The heated mirror on my drivers side is not clearing when turned on. Iv had a look on Ebay etc and replacement heated mirror glass is fairly cheap. How easy is it to replace the mirror glass?

·
Administrator
17,941 Posts
Angle the mirror as far in as it will go, tease your fingers around the outer most edge and pull. It should pop off. Unclip the wiring, swap over and gently push the mirror back on to the central mount - push in the middle of the mirror.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Is it best to angle the mirror in using the controls on the door, or just do it manually with my fingers?

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I you buy one from eBay make sure to get one with a large heating element. I tried one and the heating element was only about 25% of the mirror so useless. Sent it back and shopped around and found a much better one...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Left Passenger Side Heated Electric Wing Mirror Glass for HONDA CIVIC 2012 on | eBay

I have just returned this one as the connections were much smaller than the genuine one
Will buy original part now.
My car 9 gen
The one above is the one I bought - yes the connections are smaller but the heater element is a much better size and sorting the connections was easy - I just nipped up the spade ends on the car with a pair of pliers to suit the new connections and it's been going strong for nearly two years now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just a quick update. I took off the old mirror glass and noticed the heater element connections seemed loose. I disconnected the wires, cleaned up the connectors then connected it back up. I popped the glass back on and touch wood it appears to be working again!

Also the mirror I received from ebay was cr*p, the connectors for the heating element were far too small. So for anyone else with this issue, check the heating element connectors before buying new glass, and if you do buy new glass be careful which one you buy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts