2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfolded my mirrors this morning, set the heating in to dry off the heavy condensation and found the passenger one dried really fast and the drivers one wasnt doing anything.
I felt the glass, really hot passenger mirror :) stone cold drivers mirror :(

Obviously there a problem, is it like the indicators double flashing when a bulb is out cos the circuit is shortened. Its double heating one one side as the circuit is broken somewhere?

Anyone know what the problem is?
A quick fix or a trip to the dealer under warranty?

Thanks

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
not relevent but i didnt even realise i had heated ones :eek:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, the bin lorry decided that my passage wing mirror didn't look good on the car so knocked it off. I didn't see them do it so going to have to shell out for a new one. It has snapped the bit inside that holds it to the door. Its the folding type, and to stop it hitting the body I have had to tape it up for now. Problem is that the motor is running all the time, as it thinks the mirror is still folded in. Does anybody know which fuse is for the heated/folding mirrors as I can't seem to find it, either in the foot well fuse box and in the engine one. Need to take the fuse out to stop it constantly running and burning the motor out. :confused:

·
more torque than the mrs
6,764 Posts
Hi, the bin lorry decided that my passage wing mirror didn't look good on the car so knocked it off. I didn't see them do it so going to have to shell out for a new one. It has snapped the bit inside that holds it to the door. Its the folding type, and to stop it hitting the body I have had to tape it up for now. Problem is that the motor is running all the time, as it thinks the mirror is still folded in. Does anybody know which fuse is for the heated/folding mirrors as I can't seem to find it, either in the foot well fuse box and in the engine one. Need to take the fuse out to stop it constantly running and burning the motor out. :confused:
take the triangular plastic off where your tweeter is positioned then just unplug the connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks, that's done the trick. Just as a matter of interest, does any know which fuse it is ? I'm off to get it sorted tomorrow at the dealer, so will ask.

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Unfolded my mirrors this morning, set the heating in to dry off the heavy condensation and found the passenger one dried really fast and the drivers one wasnt doing anything.
I felt the glass, really hot passenger mirror :) stone cold drivers mirror :(

Obviously there a problem, is it like the indicators double flashing when a bulb is out cos the circuit is shortened. Its double heating one one side as the circuit is broken somewhere?

Anyone know what the problem is?
A quick fix or a trip to the dealer under warranty?

Thanks
I guess you just need a new drivers side glass mine did the same about 3 months ago, I forget the price but i don't think it was too dear

1 - 11 of 11 Posts