2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat in the wife's FK2 and the passenger heated mirror has stopped working.

It still moves and folds, it just isn't clearing the glass. Driver's side has cleared fine.

I'm guessing the heater loom has come off or the element has burnt out.

Does anyone know how to get to it or have any pictures or a guide? Anyone had the same issue and how did you solve it?

Cheers in advance.

·
I LOVE MY CAR
223 Posts
This happens in the other halfs car as well, I thought the same as you, took the back off to make sure all was working and plugged in and then it started working again, and now it's doing that all the time and everything seems in place and working as it should apart from the heater. Strange really as when I take it apart and check it, it starts working again for a while then stops.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might just take the cap off tomorrow and give everything a wiggle and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I think the actual heater element is behind the glass at the front, nothing to do with removing the back part of the mirror as that's where the indicator / motor wiring is.

From what i've read on here, you remove the glass and the heater element is there. People suggest unplugging the heater element and cleaning the connection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts