2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help. It has become apparent with this cold weather we have been having that when I turn on my ignition on and start my car that the heated rear screen and mirrors turn themselves on without me switching them on on the dash. Is this normal ????
Would you mind checking to see if your car does the same. Just start your car and feel your mirrors to see if they are warm. or look to see if your rear window is melting the ice?

thanks for your help.

Grante

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
HI GRANTE As i understand these two features, the rear screen heater is controlled from a switch on the dash, not to switch this item would lead to heavey loss of current which for much of the year is not necessary. The wing mirrors have [i believe] a demist heater, low wattage, which is always on. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is the case, why does the button on the dash show a picture of both the rear screen and mirrors. I have booked it in to the dealers to have a look at it.
Thanks for your reply.

cheers

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mine does exactly the same. Although i'm quite pleased mine does this but it does just remind me of how cold it is outside!

I also found headlight washers on my car the other day!!! Another bonus that i didn't think i had on the car. Wonder what i'll find next!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you sure ? both the heated screen and washers.... Seems and big drain on the battery before starting the engine. I cannot see any where in the manual that states this either.

cheers

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
you sure ? both the heated screen and washers.... Seems and big drain on the battery before starting the engine. I cannot see any where in the manual that states this either.

cheers
Only comes on when the engines running!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts