2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just purchased a full leather interior including door cards and the centre console with seat switches. The seats and seat switches both have chopped looms so the original connectors are still there so it is just a case of finding what goes where.
I cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere and am hoping someone may have a copy or maybe give some advice on how to power up the seats.

Many Thanks.

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
Good call purchasing a tasty interior.

It's good that you have all the switches and plugs to hook it up, that will make it easier.

I wired mine up after experimenting with the loom bit don't recall the details at the moment. I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.

Off the top of my head I recall that you'll need an earth, constant 12v fused to the battery and a switched live from the ignition.

The switches had a couple of wires that weren't needed, which I presume fed back to the dash or ECU or something.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes any info would be great. Each switch has approx 6 wires each and the seats have a similar number. Trying to find which ones are relevant is the problem.
Would I be right in saying fuse 5 under the dash is normally used for factory fitted seats? Next question is Fuse 5 live or unused?.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes any info would be great. Each switch has approx 6 wires each and the seats have a similar number. Trying to find which ones are relevant is the problem.
Would I be right in saying fuse 5 under the dash is normally used for factory fitted seats? Next question is Fuse 5 live or unused?.
Correct fuse 5 (15A or 20A) is for the seat heater according to the Haynes manual.

But also fuse 36 (10A) which covers "Air-con compressor clutch relay, blower motor climate control unit, electric mirror, heated electric mirrors, seat heater, radiator fan relay, heated rear windscreen relay"
Or
"Air-con compressor clutch relay, blower motor relay, climate control unit, heater control unit, electric mirror, heated electric mirrors, seat heater, radiator fan relay, heated rear windscreen relay, electric mirror switch, heated mirrors switch, heated mirror relay, heated seat switches"

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes cheers Paul.

It's that I have six wires on each seat switch and the same on the seats. I am confident enough with the connecting of the wires but want to make sure I connect the correct wires. Any wiring diagram would help me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to both Farqui and Das for some great information. I will have to have a go on the weekend. I will give some feedback when it's done. Thanks to you both again.

·
Administrator
18,066 Posts
You're welcome. As few others had tried I was initially apprehensive when I tested mine. But once you get into it then I reckon you'll soon have it figured out. Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts