2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just wondered, now that winter's set in, has anyone used the heated seats yet? I used to have the Accord, and if you put on "High", the seats get hot quite quickly (as you'd expect). In the Civic, it doesn't get hot that quick, in fact, it took a good 7-8 minutes before I felt anything.

Just wondered how quick your seats get hot on the "High" setting.

·
Onto my second Civic
469 Posts
I certainly have been using my heated seats! I'm so impressed with them I wonder how I ever got by without.

On the "high" setting I find it's usually 2 or 3 minutes before I begin to feel the heat, and at least 5 minutes, probably a bit more, until they can properly be described as warm. The times can be doubled for the "low" setting where, after taking longer to warm up, there seems little difference in the temperature.

If anything I'd like the seat to get warmer than it does but I can't complain.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
hi guys sorry if i missed something here can you tell me what model has heated seats i have ex model and cant find anything to do with heated seats tx

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
hi guys sorry if i missed something here can you tell me what model has heated seats i have ex model and cant find anything to do with heated seats tx
Only civics with OEM Leather come with heated seats in the UK.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
tx m8 thought i had something i misses then :) :) :)

·
12th June 2006 1.8EX
1,119 Posts
There are 2 'Blank' on the center console either side of the lighter socket where the switches for the seat would be. I had the idea of buying these switches and using them for switching the power to my speed camera detector instead of plugging into the lighter socket. The price I was quoted was £44 each. I am still using the lighter socket [smilie=sadlook.gif]

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Haven't used my heated seats yet but will try them out at the weekend and see how long it takes to get hot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts