2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a quick question as i cannot find any information after using the search function of the forums. I have a Honda Civic 1.8 ES I-VTEC (2006) which has leather seats. I was wondering if they should be heated as i didnt get an owners manual with the car. Iv looked under the seats and there's alot of wires and plugs which are all connected.

Iv read somewhere on google that there should be a button either side of the cigarette lighter which my car doesn't have so im guessing no heated seats but would like to double check.

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have them. I think on the EX model they may have been standard but on the ES I don't think so.

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
:) Yeah leather must be freezing cold in the winter & baking hot in the summer sun.

May have been an optional extra that some had fitted from new but you should have switches in the place you mentioned by the cigar socket if it had it. Never heard of automatic heated seats on a civic, always seen the switches by the socket. I may yet be proven wrong though as someone might come one here and say such and such but I'm 95% sure.

·
Premium Member
19,185 Posts
I would suggest that if you don't have the switches next to the cigarette lighter then you don't have heated seats, unfortunately.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah it's got the glass roof but as HappyMan say's, if there's no buttons/switches then it's not installed so i guess there's my answer. Thanks again for the comments and help :)

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Dogfish, does your girlfriends car have buttons to switch the heaters on/off? I don't think the 1.8 Petrol ES has them fitted and im slightly gutted
Yes the buttons are next to the cig lighter. I honestly thought all ES models had them as standard. The SE I was lead to believe didn't but the ES does. I must be wrong

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I had an ES with Leather as an optional extra and they DO come with a heat function. All UK factory orders have heated leather. The leather in your car must have been an after market upgrade by a previous owner.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
i had a 2006 1.8 se with leather and the buttons were there,its possible someone as had the seats from a breaker or just had the originals reupholstered would be cool if they were from another doner car as the heater elements would be there.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
I had an ES with Leather as an optional extra and they DO come with a heat function. All UK factory orders have heated leather. The leather in your car must have been an after market upgrade by a previous owner.
I thought the same...

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Strange, the guy i bought the car from was in his mid 50 early 60's and he bought the car from new. He told me he hasn't changed anything and it's all standard. In 2007 the car was classed as a CAT-C write off but it was slight front end damage which was all repaired at Honda so i can't see Honda changing the seats? I think this is a grey area and i'm off to Honda soon to pickup a wheel arch trim i ordered so I will ask while i'm there.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.