2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporter
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Recently my passengers side heated Wing mirror has stopped working, although drivers side is fine.

The electric mirrors move fine on both sides, just seems to be the heated element on that 1 side.

Any advice??

·
Premium Member
1,193 Posts
could try cleaning the contacts where the heated mirror wires attach to the mirror and if you have a multimeter it might be worth checking the voltage on the wires while your there

if there is a voltage present ( should be 12 volt ) and the contacts are clean the obvious is the heater element is duff

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Hello,

Recently my passengers side heated Wing mirror has stopped working, although drivers side is fine.

The electric mirrors move fine on both sides, just seems to be the heated element on that 1 side.

Any advice??
Shut off device..... Quite a common problem... One of the members on here SYX fixes them for £6... I've put the link below... Go to the last page and ask him where to send it...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-hobbyist-traders/91011-folding-mirror-shut-off-device-sod-repair.html

You'll need to take the mirror cover off (Pretty Easy Peasy) and then it's simply disconnect the the two connectors... If you look at page 1 of that thread, it shows you what the SOD "Shut off Device" looks like.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,228 Posts
Shut off device..... Quite a common problem... One of the members on here SYX fixes them for £6... I've put the link below... Go to the last page and ask him where to send it...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-hobbyist-traders/91011-folding-mirror-shut-off-device-sod-repair.html

You'll need to take the mirror cover off (Pretty Easy Peasy) and then it's simply disconnect the the two connectors... If you look at page 1 of that thread, it shows you what the SOD "Shut off Device" looks like.
Hmmmm! forgive me, just read your post and it's the heated bit of the mirror.... Don't think that's the SOD issue...

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
it'll be the heating element - you can get a new mirror for about a tenner off ebay and it takes about 5 minutes to fit...

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
I had this problem, one of the connections had come off the back of the mirror.
Pop the mirror off and have a look. If not then I new mirror is in order.
You could also test if it's the mirror by popping off the other one and connecting it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi Mitchellbro,

I am having an issue with both my mirrors. I have taken both off and tested them and i can confirm they are both heating with 12v applied to them. The problem is i do not have 12v at the terminals behind the glass. If i replace the shutoff device will this solve the issue?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hi Mitchellbro,

I am having an issue with both my mirrors. I have taken both off and tested them and i can confirm they are both heating with 12v applied to them. The problem is i do not have 12v at the terminals behind the glass. If i replace the shutoff device will this solve the issue?
have you checked the fuse if both of them are not working

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
i got a cheap one off ebay, the terminals are a different size to OEM, the quailty is worse than OEM, they dont heat up as well as OEM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts