2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Heated Wing Mirrors

Electrics 
5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Grossey 
#1 ·
Hello,

Recently my passengers side heated Wing mirror has stopped working, although drivers side is fine.

The electric mirrors move fine on both sides, just seems to be the heated element on that 1 side.

Any advice??

#2 ·
could try cleaning the contacts where the heated mirror wires attach to the mirror and if you have a multimeter it might be worth checking the voltage on the wires while your there

if there is a voltage present ( should be 12 volt ) and the contacts are clean the obvious is the heater element is duff

#3 ·
Shut off device..... Quite a common problem... One of the members on here SYX fixes them for £6... I've put the link below... Go to the last page and ask him where to send it...

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinf...olding-mirror-shut-off-device-sod-repair.html

You'll need to take the mirror cover off (Pretty Easy Peasy) and then it's simply disconnect the the two connectors... If you look at page 1 of that thread, it shows you what the SOD "Shut off Device" looks like.

#5 ·
it'll be the heating element - you can get a new mirror for about a tenner off ebay and it takes about 5 minutes to fit...

#6 ·
I had this problem, one of the connections had come off the back of the mirror.
Pop the mirror off and have a look. If not then I new mirror is in order.
You could also test if it's the mirror by popping off the other one and connecting it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.