2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I had a problem with my heating since I bought my 08 2.2 cdti civic around a year ago. I didn't drive it much last winter as I was away with work and when I got back it was summer, so there was no real need for the heat to be on.

The issue is that when I move the temperature control knob for the temperature inside the cabin, nothing happens! I then had a look and noticed that the heater actuator motor had the arm broke off which controls the blend door. I thought that this was strange as the arm is sturdy enough and shouldn't really be under any great pressure, but I went and ordered a new part anyway. When I connected the new part to the wiring and twisted the temperature knob, again there was no movement.

I am not sure what I should look at not. I don't think it is the hvac control unit itself as when i turn the knob, the temperature display on the screen changes and all the other buttons work fine.

Anyone have any suggestions / guidance?

Many Thanks
Liam

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I'm having a similar issues I believe as my drivers side climate control doesn't change temperature and the passenger side does. The display is also working fine, do you have any pictures of this blend arm ? Is it located behind the dash ?

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This will be a different issue. There are two motors (Small black boxes) by the clutch pedal if you look up behind the console. One controls the temperature and I believe the other controls the dual climate control, although I could be wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts