2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning,

my civic seems to blow very cold, then goes to hot after around 10mins of driving.

my garage i use say they've fixed this twice, but still does it.

before anyone asks, yes the temp is on 'Hi' but stays cold for ages before hot, and mroe often than not, when hot, it goes back down to cold after a while, even though its still set to 'Hi'

any help would be brilliant,

thanks

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
The climate control will not blow hot until the engine warms up which will be quicker in your petrol than a diesel. If your garage are suggesting they can fix this and take money off you to do it - find a different garage they have seen you coming:facepalm:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The climate control will not blow hot until the engine warms up which will be quicker in your petrol than a diesel. If your garage are suggesting they can fix this and take money off you to do it - find a different garage they have seen you coming:facepalm:
thanks, but the car used to heat up alot quicker, but not 10mins? they've said that the themostate needed replaceing, and i had that changed, but no difference since...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Until car warms up air will be cooler.
Once warmed up air will blow warmer.
So if you have the AC on and set to Hi it'll blow cool, then warm then it'll probably blow cool again to maintain the temperature.
I use the Auto button mostly and even when set at 18 you occasionally feel cool air and luke warm air coming out as it tries to maintain the temperature.
Not saying there's nothing wrong with your system but it's possible that it's just behaving normally.

·
Nae Bother...
370 Posts
The heater in a car isn't going to be like a hair dryer where you switch it on and there is instant heat.

Watch your temp gauge in the car and when it starts to move up then the car is starting to heat up which means you should start to get a little heat from the heaters but when you put on the windscreen heater or push the auto button the A/C automatically comes on because it helps remove moisture from the air which helps clear the front window faster but it will blow cold because of this so make sure the A/C is off even if the temp is on HI.

Basically, if you're taking the car to the garage because you're not getting instant heat then you're wasting your time and money and the garage staff will be more than happy to keep your car for a day or two, do absolutely nothing and take your money off you. There's nothing wrong with your car and due to the weather it's going to take longer to heat up. My drive to the station in the morning is about 10 mins depending on traffic and terrible drivers but when I get to the station and out the car the car has barely moved off the bottom line on the temp gauge so to me, what your car is doing is 100% normal. :confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts