2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home the other day in the tropical storms that hit the NW, my wind screen misted so i popped the heater to 24 and set it to the right setting and this didn't help one bit. I put my hand over the blowers and this was still blowing cold. I increased this with no change in temp until i hit the max. Then it slowly kicked in and heated up. I dropped it by a couple of degrees and it dropped to cold again, so my questions are! As the motor was still blowing all the away from one bar to full I'm guessing this is fine and not the issue? Is there and where is, the thermostat which controls the heat? Or is it something totally different?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Daft question what was the temp inside the car before you put the heater on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,942 Posts
The blower motor sounds like it's okay, did you have the A/C on?

The heater has numerous sensors in a Civic, one is right by the steering wheel. With the fan on does it hold a small piece of paper over the little grill to the left of the tiller?

Take a look at the Wiki entry for more info, there's also a diagnostic test that might be worth running Climate Control - Civinfo Wiki

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
The blower motor sounds like it's okay, did you have the A/C on?

The heater has numerous sensors in a Civic, one is right by the steering wheel. With the fan on does it hold a small piece of paper over the little grill to the left of the tiller?

Take a look at the Wiki entry for more info, there's also a diagnostic test that might be worth running Climate Control - Civinfo Wiki

I'm thinking it's warmer Inside the car than 24 if it's on climate it's regulating it down to 24 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the it set on 17 as I'd just come out of the gym.

Didn't have the A/C on never use this, and I think it needs recharging anyway.

With the fans blowing there is a good rate of air coming out of the blowers.

I'l check the Wiki now,

Cheers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I have ran both tests after coming back off holiday and neither have shown any faults on the system. So I am still left scratching my head as to why I have got no heat coming through. I will check and replace the fuses then I might have to go about changing some parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you ever figure out what was the cause?

I picked up another (my 4th) 8th gen civic and this one does exactly as your describing. . .

·
Νίκος
2,764 Posts
So I have ran both tests after coming back off holiday and neither have shown any faults on the system. So I am still left scratching my head as to why I have got no heat coming through. I will check and replace the fuses then I might have to go about changing some parts.
Τhe coolant level in the radiator is okay?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Coolant level is fine I've just come to terms that it's another little qwirk that annoys the hell out of me. Sadly starting to wish I'd never bought the car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts