2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 civic without climate control, but I can choose a temperature. Since I bought the car it's worked a bit strangely if I'm honest. When I set it to 16 degrees it's not really that cold. Yesterday was really hot so I tried it out and if I'm honest the air was warm. If I set it to 28 the temperature goes right up in the air, so it does register the difference, but I can't get cold air. Any ideas?

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Hi Cliff,

When you say "without climate control", do you mean without A/C? If so, the coldest air temperature you will be able to get is the outside air temp.

·
more torque than the mrs
6,698 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Cliff,

When you say "without climate control", do you mean without A/C? If so, the coldest air temperature you will be able to get is the outside air temp.
Yeah sorry, I don't have a/c. I can however set the temp, not the old fashioned either hot or cold air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thought all civics came with A/C he says he can set the temperature is that not climate control i did this once on mine all it was i didn't press the A/C button after i set the temperature.

even the 1.4 as a/c climate control
HONDA CIVIC HATCHBACK (09 - >) - 1.4 i-VTEC SE 5dr Specifications | Technical spec, standard equipment, optional equipment, running costs and more - Help Find Me A .co.uk
I can set the temp, but I don't have an A/C button as I don't have A/C. Otherwise I would just put it down to the A/C topped up

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
+1 for not pressing the A/C button (or auto button)

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
What model have you got cos' according to the 2009 civic brochure every model has climate control air conditioning with the ES model or higher having dual zone climate control

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
The standard CTRs do not have A/C, which was behind my original question!
Basically you can set the temp but you won't be able to get cooler than the external air temp I'm afraid as the car has no means of cooling the airflow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The standard CTRs do not have A/C, which was behind my original question!
Basically you can set the temp but you won't be able to get cooler than the external air temp I'm afraid as the car has no means of cooling the airflow.
That would explain it, thanks

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts