2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all.

I've posted in another section on the forum, but didn't get any replies so thought I'd try my luck here.

Just over a week ago, my heaters were making a rattling sound - like a bearing was dislodged or something similar. Then, later that day, they just stopped working. Nothing happens on any fan speed or direction setting.

I first checked the fuse (number 19 under the bonnet, 40A IIRC) - and this made no difference at all. The same evening, I ordered a new blower motor resistor (didn't fancy paying Honda OEM prices, so got one from China for a tenner).

New resistor came this morning, and changing it did nothing at all. The connector fit fine, but the actual unit itself was too big (I think it's the one from the USDM Civic). However, since it clipped in fine, I figured that it would work if this was to blame. Like I said, though, it did absolutely nothing.

The next thing I'm suspicious of is the blower motor itself - but I've heard that it's a bit of a job to change. Does anyone know how I'd go about changing it or making sure that it needs changing, please? I've found a few replacements from Europe for just under fifty quid delivered, but it's the labour that I'm concerned about!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Oli

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
think you might have to drop the blower motor to investigate further
not the easiest of jobs but not too hard either just fiddly

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
think you might have to drop the blower motor to investigate further
not the easiest of jobs but not too hard either just fiddly
Thanks for the reply, mate. Is it an entire dash-out job, or just the bottom half, do you know?

·
Super Moderator
2,219 Posts
Thanks for the reply, mate. Is it an entire dash-out job, or just the bottom half, do you know?
just the panel to the left of drivers feet
but to remove the blower motor you need to remove the bolts holding the clutch pedal and move to the side
the only hard part is restricted space
you can remove the holding screws and pull back a little give it a spin by hand see if its a bad sopt or seized motor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts