2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been driving the Accord for a couple of months, main change for me is going from petrol to diesel not having owned one before.The only problems so far are the heating seems very slow to warm up is this normal ? The only other problem so far is that one of the speakers on the drivers side is sounding dodgy.

Overall really pleased with change to the Accord

·
Registered
375 Posts
You should try webasto : Webasto England

The Mazda 6 diesel has this heater as factory fitted in some European countries.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Same problem in the deisel CR-V mate, takes an age to warm up.....ideal in sub zero temperatures!
I normally fire mine up for 5 mins before I drive!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Heating thing is normal on a diesel and the speaker needs to be changed under warranty, its very common on the new shape accords for the drivers speaker to blow and sound strange. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Yes, we've found our diesel freezing cold, takes 6-10 miles before normal running and heater chucking out any worthwhile heat, roll on the summer ;).

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I had the chance to compare my 1.8 Civic against an 2.2 Accord when it comes to heating last winter, when I had the Accord as a loan car when my Civic was at the dealer for some warranty work.

On my regular route to work, and an outside temperature of about -5C, the Civic starts blowing hot air in about 3-4 minutes, and heats up reasonable in 10-15 minutes.

In similar conditions on the same route, the Accord started blowing lurke warm air after about 15 minutes, and did not blow really warm air nor got warm at all during this trip of totally 20 minutes.

That said, the Accord also have a lager cabin to heat up of course (this was a tourer as well). But the difference is still obvious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts